- According to Illinois state law, it is illigal to speak 'English'. The officially recognized language is 'American'.
- 'Widow' is the only female form in the English language that is shorter than its corresponding male term (widower).
- There is only 'one' word in the English language with three consecutive sets of double letters..."Bookkeeper".
- There is a word in the English language with only one vowel, which occers five times: "indivisibility".
- There is a seven letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters: "therein": the, there, he, in, rein, her, here, ere, therein, herein.
- There are two words in English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" & "facetious".
You are welcome to 'add' more 'interesting' facts in the list.